Friday, December 15, 2006

Least of All Me!

This will probably be my shortest post on this entire Blog, but it may be the most important. The reason I say this is, I show you myself in full.
I have said several times, and in several of my posts that no-one is perfect. I cite Romans 3"23 which says..."For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." This is true of everyone, including me.
I know that as I write, I may come across as looking down on some people, but that is never the case, and I strive to make sure that everything I write is written out of love for lost souls. I am no-one to be looking down on anyone. There is only one person who walked this planet that lived a perfect life. That person is Jesus, the Christ.
I will use one more scripture reference for this post and then I'll finish up.
Ephesians 4:26
"Be ye angry and sin not, let not the sun go down upon your wrath."
Last night I had a "Show Down" with my daughter. She's a beautiful six year old girl that I would take nothing in the world for. She is absolutely precious. Back to the story tho', that is what we are here for isn't it? Clarissa, my wife, and I were playing "Trouble" when my daughter got so upset she started crying. I tried to talk to her and get her back to the reality of; "you can't win 'em all sweetheart," but that wasn't working. She finally blurted out: "I guess i'll find me somewhere else to live then." Needless to say, that put me over the edge.
She loves to use that phrase, but this time it cut deeper for some reason. I decided I would make a point this time so I threw her pillow, and blankets out on the ground in front of the house. She shot out the front door screaming, grabbed her blanket and stuff, and sat and cried. I made my point, but I was wrong.
I allowed her to anger me to the point that I left a deep scar on her last night, and for that I am truly sorry. I have apologized to her, and to her mom, but what's more, I had to repent. That's right, I was so angry that my emotions actually became a sin. How do I know? God convicted me immediately. I didn't repent immediately, but I did so about an hour later as I asked God for forgiveness.
The rest of that verse says not to let your anger last over night. The reason for that is simple. The longer you let your anger boil, the harder it is to deal with, specially when you are the person in the wrong. When God convicts us of sin, we must deal with that sin quickly also, otherwise it can be hard to deal with later on.
So you see, Don't ever think I feel superior to anyone. I simply write what God lays on my heart, and let Him do the rest.
God Bless us all this Christmas season. May all of you have a Blessed Christmas, and a wonderful New Year.

No comments: